Steps To Take To Open Your Pool
Here we provide 13 steps to take to open your pool. We have tried to outline them so you the reader can understand them easier. Some articles add so much content that makes it harder for one to sift through and find what is of the utmost importance to do.
1. The first step is to clear the entire area surrounding the pool. This will make the whole process much easier and less stressful.
2. Use a leaf net or soft broom to remove any leaves and debris on the top.
3. Pump any water that is on a solid cover top off.
4. Remove the cover carefully. This will help to stop the debris that is left from falling back into the pool. Spread the cover out, clean it with a soft scrub brush, cover cleaner or car wash soap and let it dry completely.
5. Add the amount of water needed to the pool to bring it up to the proper level which is to the midsection of the skimmer box opening.
6. If you have used pool antifreeze at the time of pool closing, it must be removed from the lines before removing plugs. Once this is done, you can remove all winterizing plugs from all of the openings including the skimmer and return jets. Remove the freeze plugs. Reinstall the skimmer baskets and return jets into the return lines. Remove the skimmer plate.
7. Set- up your pool equipment pad. Connect the skimmer to the pool pump, the pump to the filter and any other equipment that needs to be connected. Release any built-up pressure before starting the filter and pump.
8. Clean the filter if it was not thoroughly cleaned before closing the pool. Prime the pump before starting the motor.
9. Start the filter and pump and check for drips and leaks.
10. Now go back to the pool and remove large debris with a net. Brush the walls and any hard-to-reach areas. Then vacuum the small debris up from the bottom.
11. Install ladders, handrails, slides, lifts, jumping platforms and diving board. Inspect for loose fittings and cracks to make sure they will be safe and secure.
12. Let the filter and water circulate for approximately 12 hours then start to add the proper chemicals to balance the water chemistry
13. Return to your dry pool cover. To prevent mold and mildew from building up over the hot summer months, make sure the pool cover is completely dry then fold it up and store it in a tightly sealed storage container in a dry safe place.
Steps to Take to Open Your Pool, Need Help?
Skovish Pools and Spas are coming to the rescue. Let us help you with the steps to open your pool. Sit back and relax while we do all of the work.
Contact us today to set up your pool opening appointment. We have 2 locations, 1 in Luzerne PA and the other in Shickshinny PA. We service way beyond these two locations and will be happy to serve you.