Initially, there are some expenses when purchasing a hot tub. Acquiring the necessary accessories and chemicals to get you started can be pricey. There is no need to skimp on making sure your spa runs as it is supposed to either. Not only do we offer some of the most affordable hot tub with the Caldera and Fantasy spa brands but we can recommend some of the best tips to keep your energy and other costs down. Continue reading “These Things Will Save You Money On A Hot Tub”
All summer, you were vigilant. You slathered everyone in sight with high-SPF sunblock. Now winter is here, and the sunblock is packed away with swimsuits, goggles and inflatable pool toys. They’re in hibernation until you open the swimming pool again in the spring.
Without realizing it, you’ve opened yourself to the same risk factors that sent you running for sunblock in the first place, whether you’re hitting the slopes or soaking sore muscles in your Skovish spa. Here are a few reasons you should continue to protect your skin in cold temperatures:
- The winter sun is sending down the same UVA rays that wreak havoc in the summer. These rays age your skin and raise the risk of skin cancer. Rays can also be reflected back onto your skin by snow. Don’t just put on some sunscreen, repeat the process as often as needed.
- Don’t forget your beautiful smile. Those lips need serious protection from winter’s one-two punch of sun and wind. Consider a soothing lip balm that includes sunscreen.
- Finally, give your body a helping hand. Eat vegetables and fruits such as peppers, watermelon and tomatoes that are high in antioxidants. They’re good news for your skin’s health.
In all, it’s just one more stress you can scratch off your list before soaking in your Skovish spa. (We heard that sigh of relief!)
The winter is just ramping up and you should probably start considering putting in a pool and spa. If this sounds crazy to you, hear us out. We are not saying you should be out in your pool in Shickshinny right now, we are saying you should be prepared and save yourself stress when it comes to pool consideration later next year. There are simply some construction constraints and options you should be considering, so why not do it now? Continue reading “Reasons To Consider A Pool and Spa Construction Now”
Whether you are an athlete, have a laborious job or your family stressors are adding tension to your life using a hot tub is a proven way to release muscle tension and promote mental relaxation. The greatest athletes in the world utilize spa and heat therapies to relieve tension and promote healthy recovery. The most successful business people use spas to relax and clear their minds to better benefit their work. Parents around the world can get away from the stressors of running a family for a short time and enjoy themselves. Not to mention the numerous health benefits of having a spa available to you. Continue reading “Why Hot Tubs Are Great For Your Body”
Do you still have a few names on your gift list? Or maybe you’re looking for a way to get in good with your favorite spa buddy?
If so, you’re in luck. We’ve got some ideas that will make your loved ones have a Christmas that is merry and bright and that keeps them smiling into the new year.
- A towel heater. Imagine stepping out of the hot tub and into the warm embrace of a warm, terry-cloth blanket. You know your friends are going to send warm thoughts your way every time they use it.
- Maintenance service. Sometimes, the people who most benefit from the therapeutic features of a hot tub aren’t able to keep up on the maintenance. Fortunately, Skovish Pools and Spas offers weekly, bi-weekly and monthly maintenance service calls. It’s a perfect gift for your favorite spa owner. (And selfishly, you’ll know you’re stepping into a properly maintained hot tub when you come to visit.)
- A floating hot-tub cover. This blanket of sorts, which can be trimmed to size, increases energy efficiency and protects the underside of the cover from hot-tub chemicals. It also cuts down on evaporation, saving money on your buddy’s water bill.
We could list many other gifts, of course, including a floating drink tray, waterproof playing cards and a mug proclaiming your love of hot tubs. But we think you get the idea! Give us a call at Skovish Pools and Spas if we can help.
All hot tubs have one key element in common, which is keeping the water warm and comfortable for you and your guests. Unfortunately, hot tub heaters can take up a lot of electricity which can get expensive over time. Therefore, in order for you to keep the costs down, you will need to focus on conserving as much heat as you can. Continue reading “Hot Tub Energy Saving Tips”
Spas are something that people of all ages and lifestyles can enjoy together. Whether you are interested in the daily exercise of swimming or just want to melt your stress away after a long day, there is a spa waiting to do just that.
Still not convinced?
Here are just a few reasons why having your own spa benefits the whole family: Continue reading “Spas Are For Everyone”
Ever wake up with the urge to go swimming? While you could always go to the public pool, you might want to consider taking your love of the water a step farther by building your own backyard oasis. Continue reading “Why It Is Better To Own Your Own Pool”
Temperatures are dropping, the holiday frenzy is beginning and, if you’re lucky enough to own a Skovish spa, relief is only a few steps away.
It’s time to stoke up the hot tub and soak your worries into oblivion!
Keep in mind, though, that you can’t stay in there forever. Twenty minutes at 100 degrees Fahrenheit is a good stretch for healthy adults. Ask your doctor first if you have chronic heart issues or are taking certain medications.
When it’s time to step out, make sure to bundle up before the weather puts your body into a tailspin. Here are a few tips:
- Take along a pair of gloves. Remember that scene in “A Christmas Story” where Ralphie’s friend is stuck to the school flagpole? The same can happen to your hands as you lift a damp cover from the hot tub. Why take a chance? Wear gloves and you’re good.
- Pull on a winter hat. Believe it or not, wearing a hat in the hot tub helps regulate your body heat. It also makes good sense since your head is out in the elements!
- Keep a towel or robe and footwear with non-skid treads close at hand. When you step out of the hot tub, you’re going to want to wrap up in a warm fuzzy for the dash inside. If the deck is wet–and icy if temperatures drop–you’ll want sure footing.
A final note: If you keep these clothes outdoors, don’t leave them lying around the deck where they might freeze to the flooring. Wrap them in plastic and store them on a nearby chair or table so when you’re ready to bundle up, they’re up to the task.
When it comes to your Shickshinny hot tub, there are some hot tub do’s and don’ts to get the most out of your home spa. Continue reading “Hot Tub Do’s And Don’ts”