We have all seen them, those old, torn, and ugly looking old spa covers. Often, spa covers take a back seat to other important issues associated with your spa. This should never be the case. Your spa cover can be a reflection of you, and it can affect your overall atmosphere. Luckily, these tips are intended to help you extend the life of your cover. Continue reading “6 Tips To Help You Care For Your Spa Cover”
Foam isn’t always such a bad thing.
It’s downright decadent when you’re slipping into a warm bubble bath. And who doesn’t like a good head of foam on a root-beer float?
But if you’re stepping into a fluffy cloud of foam in your backyard spa, well, it’s time to do some troubleshooting. When the water gets thick with contaminants, it builds into a foam when it hits the air jets. Many spas sport dozens of jets, so that can be a lot of bubbly.
What should you do? Here are a few pointers.
- Start by checking your chemical levels. Make sure everything is in order, including your total dissolved solids (TDS). Ideally, your spa’s TDS count will come in between 1,000 and 2,000 parts per million (ppm). If it’s a little higher, check out LeisureTime’s Foam Down, which stops foam and helps prevent it from coming back.
- If TDS numbers top 3,000 ppm, you’ll need to take more drastic measures. It’s time to drain and refill the spa, a maintenance routine you should normally do every three to four months. Take advantage of the opportunity to scrub everything down. We have LeisureTime Spa supplies for the task at our Skovish Pools and Spas locations in Luzerne and Shickshinny. Get rid of any lingering contaminants, and be sure to rinse your filters, too.
- The best cure of all is prevention. What causes foam in the first place? Shampoo residue, along with laundry detergent, body lotions, make-up, deodorant and spilled drinks. It’s all stuff you can keep in check by showering without soap or shampoo before getting in the hot tub and by rinsing your bathing suit.
Lastly, keep your head out of the water. That’s probably one of the easiest fixes of all!
Anyone that has ever attempted to balance the chemical levels in their pool knows it takes patience and practice to get it right. Levels which are too high can result in skin rashes, burning eyes, and chemical burns. It is of the utmost importance for Shickshinny hot tub owners to have accurate levels. Continue reading “Our In-Season Service Plans Are Valuable To Hot Tub Owners In Shickshinny”
St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner. It was always a time when family, friends, and neighbors often got together. These parties often took place in the backyard, but this year may be a bit different so let’s help you enjoy the day anyway. Equipping your yard with a hot tub can set a mood, add value to your parties, and be rewarding to present to yourself on a daily basis. Continue reading “Prepare Your Backyard For St. Patrick’s Day With A Hot Tub”
Imagine a vacation–and this is a true story!–so wrapped around a resort’s 14 swimming pools that guests arrive wearing bathing suits under their travel clothes.
Although not everyone would go that far for a pool, most of us have seen the wonder that comes across our children’s faces when they wake up and remember that the beach is only a short walk away.
How many of us turn down a hotel if it doesn’t have a pool? And where do we head when we get a few days off? Chances are good we go someplace near water.
Now think about creating a home environment where the vacation never ends. You can have a getaway right outside your back door when you call on Skovish Pools and Spas to create your own backyard escape. Consider some benefits:
- There’s no travel involved. You don’t even have to take time off from work to sit back and soak up the ambiance. It’s there whenever you’re ready, whether you’re looking for the spa experience or an invigorating lap around the pool. Dinner at the poolside? Just toss a couple of steaks on the grill and you’re ready to go.
- You can share it all with friends and family. Or not. It’s up to you. You’re the one calling the shots. If you like to tap into your inner party animal on occasion, there’s nothing like a pool to set the mood. Whether you are planning a get-together for the kids or a romantic rendezvous under the stars, good times are only a few steps away.
- You can add as many exotic details as you like. At Skovish Pools and Spas, we pride ourselves on integrating your new pool and spa into your landscape. We can create your own private paradise featuring LED lighting, water fountains, furniture and more. We’ve got you covered for the life of the pool.
And you know what? No reservations are required, either. This stay-cation is ready when you are. Stop by and see what we can do for you.
Many people believe that owning a hot tub is merely for pleasure. Pleasure is one of the many perks that comes along with owning a hot tub, but hot tubs provide many other benefits to owners as well. There are 3 benefits that Luzerne residents should take into consideration when deciding if owning a hot tub is right for them. Continue reading “The Top 3 Benefits Of Owning A Hot Tub In Luzerne”
During the downtime of winter, you may be considering pool reconstruction. Or perhaps as a Luzerne resident, you’ve seen your neighbors with a pool and are considering making the jump in on your own for the summer. So, what is the best time to have your pool remodeled or constructed? Continue reading “The Best Time For Pool Remodeling Or Construction”