Your home is your castle, but that doesn’t mean it should look cold and foreboding. A great swimming pool can do a lot for any property – improve value, increase enjoyment, build family togetherness, and more. But while this is all true, sometimes even the best-maintained pool will end up needing to be remodeled. We know that the pool remodeling Luzerne residents may need can be confusing and intimidating, but taking a quick look at a few basics can help you understand how to get the best results from it and give your swimming pool the facelift it needs. Continue reading “The Basics Of A Great Pool Remodel”
A swimming pool is one of the best upgrades to anyone’s home. Not only can it improve property values, but it can help to make it easier to relax and enjoy your time at your home and with your family. The in-ground pools Shickshinny residents often install in their homes are great investments, but there are ways to get even more enjoyment from them. Continue reading “Giving A Pool A Little Something Extra”
Are you enjoying the great sleeping weather that’s soon approaching, with temperatures dipping into the 50′s overnight?
While it’s true that you’re probably getting better sleep, you’re also probably preparing for what’s coming next – pumpkins, autumn leaves and a Skovish pool that’s closed for the winter. If the latter has you in a funk, maybe it’s time to consider installing a Skovish spa!
The benefits of relaxing in a hot tub, even in the dead of winter, is well-documented… so much so that some people can actually write it off on their income taxes when it is prescribed by their doctor. If you’re hooked on the fitness routine you started in your Skovish pool, look into a swim-spa, a cross between a stationary bike and an underwater treadmill.
If you’re looking for social engagement through the winter, well, it’s said that you never know how many friends you have until you get a spa!
There are a lot of reasons to get a Skovish spa and you may even add a few more following a wet test at our retail outlet. Let’s first get down to the basics:
- Location – Are you going to put your Skovish spa indoors or outdoors? In either case, place it on a flat, level surface that isn’t going to shift. From there, you’ll want to be near water and power sources, with good drainage nearby, and far enough away from structures so you can easily get in to make repairs.
- Distance – If you’re going to use an outdoors spa in the winter, don’t place it too far from your back door. You’ll want to lay a walkway from the house to the hot tub, too. What seems like a few steps in the summer becomes a treacherous slide when everything freezes over!
- Power Source – Make sure you know what voltage you can dedicate to the hot tub. It can make a difference in the size of the spa and hydrotherapy features you can fully operate. If electrical work is required, it must be done by a qualified electrician who will issue a certificate to show conformity. It requires a suitable fused spur with an isolator and an R.C.C.D. of maximum 30 milliamp trip rating. The spa can be hard-wired back to the breaker or wired via a suitable waterproof outdoor connector, if it conforms to regulations.
- Friends – If you’re looking forward to evenings in the hot tub with friends, you’ll want enough room to comfortably entertain. Looking for medical relief? That’s another story! For that, you might prefer the swim-spa.
The bottom line? Come prepared and we’ll do our part in matching your needs with the perfect spa, long before the snow flies!
When most people think of pool construction, they generally think of the large, in ground pools that are so popular and so well-known. But above ground pools Luzerne residents can install in their backyards are an option that are gaining popularity in a significant way.
But is an above ground pool a good choice for your home? Not everyone feels that they’re a good fit, but there are some very good reasons that the above ground pools Luzerne homeowners install on their property are well worth the investment. Here are some of them. Continue reading “Are Above Ground Pools A Smart Buy?”
Choosing to install a new swimming pool on your property is one of the best decisions that you can make for your home. A new pool can help improve the overall property value, but it can also help give you a place to relax and spend time with loved ones, helping you get more from every minute you spend at home. Continue reading “Top Things To Know Before New Pool Construction”
Want to make the most of your Skovish pool?
Extend your swimming hours … into the evening! With a few tweaks, you can add a few hours of relaxation, exercise, socializing or all of the above. And if you find yourself in need of, say, the perfect float to enjoy the starlit sky, check out our outlets in Luzerne and Shickshinny!
Here are a few other things to keep in mind:
- While the water may hold some of the day’s warmth, the night air can give you a brisk wake-up call when you step out of the pool. Make sure to keep large, luxurious towels close at hand to quickly bundle up, or better yet, invest in a plush robe. And a Thermos of hot cocoa might provide a welcome respite as you soak up the poolside atmosphere!
- Always swim with a buddy, especially at night. And if you’re planning to party, let the neighbors know ahead so they can plan accordingly. Why not invite them to stop over and join the fun? Keep in mind, your community might have noise ordinances in place. If that’s the case, be sure to respect those limitations.
- Relax. Let the water soak away the day’s tensions and wind down with a leisurely lap or two around the pool. According to studies, it’s a sure way to sleep better that night. (Skip the coffee, by the way. It will do more than just heat you up!)
- If you find the night addictive – some smooth jazz playing in the background, a candlelit dinner waiting at the poolside, quiet time with friends – consider adding a few night-friendly pool features. You’ll always want to provide lighting at night but to set the mood, there’s nothing like Hayward’s LED lighting. How about adding a fire pit? Come talk to us and we can explore your options!
When many people living in and around Shickshinny think of swimming pools, they likely think of the beautiful in ground pools Shickshinny homes may have installed in their backyards. But today, above ground pools are a valid option and one that deserves some attention. In fact, for many people an above ground pool isn’t just a good option – it’s their best one.
If you’re not sure that adding above ground pools Shickshinny is a good call, just take a closer look at some of the key reasons they are. Continue reading “Are Above Ground Pools Worth It?”