When you have a swimming pool in your backyard, the family tends to stay close. The teenagers who would otherwise go out an about may stay home leaving a parent at peace knowing where they are. This is just one benefit of having your own swimming pool.
There are many which include relaxing after a long day at work or on a hot summer Saturday or Sunday. Excitement and fun also come with pool ownership as gatherings with family and friends bring amazing times filled with everlasting memories. Let’s not forget pools can be an excellent investment and raise the value of one’s home as well. To achieve all of these great benefits, pools must be maintained and upgraded at times. The proper maintenance and upgrades will save you money in the long run. Below we provide you with a few tips and ideas to keep your pool looking fantastic.
- Resurface or replaster the pool
- Refinish the deck
- Add LED lights to light up the night.
- Install a waterfall at the pool’s edge.
- Build a slide within a waterfall. It will not only look great but provide fun for all.
- Install water fountains & bubblers.
- Add more deck chairs and perhaps seating within the pool itself.
- Install a spa / hot tub attached to the pool or nearby.
- Extend your backyard living space with an outdoor kitchen, allowing more time to be spent in the backyard.
- Build a pavilion to provide shade on those super hot sunny days.
- Upgrading pool equipment such as pumps and heaters will save energy.
- Switch from chlorine to a salt water pool.
- Purchase robotic cleaners to cut down on your pool maintenance expenses.
Are you excited to upgrade your existing pool or if you do not have a pool have we given you the incentive to get one? Get in touch with our team at Skovish Pools & Spas. We will be happy to help you to learn more about all we can do for you. Our free, no-obligation quotes are great. Get in touch with us today. We have two locations if you would like to stop by and visit, Luzerne, PA, and Shickshinny, PA.